birding-aus

Coonabarabran, NSW

Subject: Coonabarabran, NSW
From: Susan Knowles <>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 15:58:59 +1100
We are going to Coonabarabran shortly for a week and would like any recommendations for good birding locations. I have the brochure "Bird routes of Baradine and the Pilliga", which looks very useful.

Most of our birding has been more coastal so we are interested in inland birds, but with nothing particular in mind.

Also what is the best (quickest) way to travel there from Ryde in Sydney on a Saturday? It seems to be either - over the Blue Mountains by Bells Line of road or Great Western Highway (is the Highway still plagued by road works?) - or the Golden Highway through Denman and Merriwa.

Any advice is appreciated.

Susan Knowles