CSE Provided Help & Resources
CSE Help & Resources Groups
- Student Office: Provides advice on all student related matters, including; admission, advanced standing, course selection, program structures, transfers, academic standing, graduations, weighted averages and downloadable forms.
- Development Office: Student & Business Development.
- Computer Support Group: For help with CSE computing resources like computer labs, CSE accounts, printers, all the CSE servers, etc. Undergraduates can contact Helpdesk, staff and postgraduates they can contact SS.
UNSW Provided Help & Resources
- Timetable: Timetables are released at the end of November for semester 1 courses, and April for semester 2 courses. Summer timetables are released in late September for December-January courses. Due to strict resource requirements, it is possible that some courses and/or classes may change location, time, or even be cancelled. The School of CSE will notify students of any changes where possible, but advise students that it is best to check the timetable closer to the start of semester to be sure. If in doubt, check with staff at the CSE Student Office.
- UNSW Handbook: The UNSW Handbook is a comprehensive program guide for prospective and current students seeking information about studying at UNSW.
- UNSW Student Services : Learning Services, Counselling, Careers & Employment, International Student Services
Externally Provided Help & Resources
- Systers: An informal organization for technical women in computing founded by Anita Borg. If you are a woman in the technical end of computing, you are welcome.