Casual Staff

Casual Academic Staff

Each session, the School of Computer Science and Engineering employs a number of casual academics to assist in the administration and teaching of CSE courses.

Casual academics are employed and allocated duties on a session-by-session basis.


For all enquires related to salary payments please contact Tanya Oshuiko.
For all enquires related to work allocation please contact Andrew Taylor.


Form DescriptionForm NumberType of payment
Appointment of Casual Academic Staff Form HR63 This form is to be completed by casual academic upon appointment. Submit the original of this form to the Mariann Davis  together with the first Sessional Claim Form and a Tax Employment Declaration Form.   Please note:  If you have been employed by UNSW previously in the last 12 months, it is not necessary to provide a Tax Employment Declaration Form.
Subsequent Claim Form SAL117 To be completed for any subsequent hours worked.

Further Information

Casual Professional and Technical Staff

Each session, the School of Computer Science and Engineering employs a number of casual staff.  

All casual professional and technical staff will be required to complete a SAL11 form (link below) when appointed. Once this form is completed and submitted to your supervisor, you need wait 48 hours and then submitt your claim on line via myUNSW.

Please ensure that you always check hours claimed are correct. The supervisor will be notified by email when the employee has submitted a casual pay claim online myUNSW. The supervisor  will be required to approve or reject Casual Pay Claims via myUNSW. The supervisor will then Click approve or reject and an email will be sent to the employee informing them of the supervisor decision.

For more information go to:


For advice on appointment of casual professional and technical staff, and submission of claim forms, please contact Yvonne Balakian.

Further Information