birding-aus

OWLS

Subject: OWLS
From: lorne <>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 1997 11:29:58 +0000
Last week, after hearing on Birdline there was a Barn Owl at Dural
shops, north-west Sydney, I went looking, but didn't find the owl. Has
anyone seen it around there? I LOVE owls and would appreciate further
details on Sydney sightings. Boobooks and Powerfuls and Owlet
Nightjars I'm familiar with. A Boobook and Tawny Frogmouths have been
around Beecroft recently, and I saw a Sooty Owl at Jenolan Caves'
Devil's Coach-house.

I'm desperate to see a Masked Owl!! Has anyone seen around lately
around Sydney or the Central Coast? I'm yet to see this species.

Thankyou,

LORNE.