birding-aus

birding-aus LIST USAGE

Subject: birding-aus LIST USAGE
From: RUSSELL DEAN WOODFORD <>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 16:59:15 +1000 (EST)
BIRDING-AUS: LIST USAGE
(A Few Reminders)

Hi folks

Things seem to be going along quite nicely, but a few reminders may help
make things even easier on this mailing list

MESSAGES for the whole list:

should be sent to
Please set your mail program to send in PLAIN TEXT
NO NOT send attachments
Messages over 15Kb will be rejected by the server (and bounced to me!)

CONTENT

Please do not send anything of a purely commercial nature
Only 2nd hand equipment should be offered for sale
Trips can be advertised if they are likely to appeal to our readers
but COMMERCIAL OPERATORS should not see this as an offer to advertise

Please check with me if you are not sure about your message content - it
might save you lots of flaming (but I doubt that there's much of that
here!)

AGAIN - please do not send attachments

 REPLIES should ideally go ONLY to the original sender  unless you
think that your reply should be read by everyone on birding-aus

**PLEASE** do not send ALL of the original message  - only include what is
necessary for clarity.

LIST SERVER COMMANDS
e.g.subscribe / unsubscribe / who / help

should go to the SERVER (not the list!) at

The bottom line is that many people on birding-aus pay for their email
access, and do not welcome needless repetition, commercial messages, lots
of pointless mail ("me too's") or too much that isn't about AUSTRALIAN
WILD BIRDS.

I'm pleased to report that this continues to be a friendly forum, almost
always a polite one, and that we have few 'nuisance' messages.  Well, few
get through the filters, anyway...

Enjoy it!!

Russell Woodford
List Maintainer

(I hope this isn't more than 15K .....)

Russell Woodford

PH: 03 52 739237        MOB:  0419 395 100  FAX:  03 52 739371
Aural Online            http://www.shc.vic.edu.au/music/index.html
Birding-Aus Pages       http://www.deakin.edu.au/~russwood/

quotes)