birding-aus

Powerful owl Wollongong

To: "birding-aus" <>
Subject: Powerful owl Wollongong
From: "TERRILL NORDSTROM" <>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 19:01:30 +1000
While out shopping today in down town beautiful Wollongong (1 hour south of Sydney) I heard a strange call in one of the Chinese Elms growing in the centre of the town plaza and I was surprised to see a Powerful Owl siting on a branch 6 metres above the pavement. A lone Pied Currawong was jumping from branch to branch as hundreds of shoppers walked under the Owl.
Only a young boy of around ten noticed the Owl, all the other shoppers to busy with their lives to notice.
                                  Regards    Terrill