birding-aus

new birds

To: "Robyn" <>, <>
Subject: new birds
From: "Greg & Val Clancy" <>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 14:05:40 +1100
Hi Robyn,

The cockatoos would be Yellow-tailed Black-Cockatoos which can appear to have white tail panels in certain light conditions, especially when old and faded.

They are quite capable of finding their own food and would be most unlikely to feed from a feed tray. They usually feed on large wood-boring grubs and a variety of seeds, including those of the introduced pines Pinus spp. Feeding wild birds is not a good idea for a number of reasons. I know that some people on this list passionately disagree with me on this but it doesn't help the birds being fed or others that they interact with.

Regards

Greg Clancy