birding-aus

Twitching Tweeters

To: John Tongue <>
Subject: Twitching Tweeters
From: L&L Knight <>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 08:16:11 +1000
No worries John.

I thought I should mention
When their driving intention
To spot pigeons, parrots and rails
Meets reality of progress like snails
Twitchathoners seek divine intervention

On 12/11/2009, at 6:49 AM, John Tongue wrote:

Ahh, the fingers that go typing fast than the brain can keep up with!

I like your poetic prowess, Laurie.

Cheers,
John T.

On 12/11/2009, at 6:45 AM, L&L Knight wrote:

John,

Is drivining
a twitcher's form of divining
where in a few words
you go searching for birds
gone to ground in the evining?

Regards, Laurie.

On 11/11/2009, at 3:36 PM, John Tongue wrote:

I also find it's a pretty 'full-on' time! I barely have time to fire off any pictures, let alone be sending texts and tweets (if I'd taken up tweeting, which I haven't yet). I guess there is the time while drivining from place to place, but even then I'm usually scanning the skies!.

Anyway, I guess it could suit some.

Cheers,
John Tongue
Ulverstone, Tas.
(Provisional 2nd place-getter - AGAIN - in "The Great Tassie Twitch")