Abbrevi8 is a recently funded Australian start-up with a mission to surface what matters. We're developing a news summarisation and customisation platform for business.
We're looking for a platform engineer with a core focus on site reliability, but ideally you should be a jack-of-all-trades ready to get your hands dirty wherever required. Primarily you'll be responsible for developing scalable web services, growing our system architecture and database platform. You should be an inquisitive, motivated individual eager to delve into a new challenge.
Position Type: Undergraduate Students Postgraduate Students Alumni
Selection Criteria: We'd like to ideally see a lot of the following, but we're prepared to be pretty flexible for the right individual though:
- Experience with distributed Unix/Linux systems administration and performance tuning.
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP networking and switching.
- Proficiency with load balancing, storage, and clustering technologies.
- Knowledge of SQL and database administration, (PostgreSQL highly desired).
- Knowledge of server monitoring systems (NewRelic, Ganglia, Cacti etc.).
- Experience with Python (or other dynamic/VM based language, e.g. Ruby, Java etc.).
- Experience in web service design and deployment, (we like JSON-format, RESTful-like services).
- Knowledge of analytics services (MixPanel, NewRelic, Google Analytics etc.).
- Deploying on cloud services, (AWS and OrionVM desired).
- Automated deployment technologies (Fabric, Chef, Puppet etc.).
- An interest in natural language processing and machine learning.
We're based in the Sydney CBD and have a close-knit team, a relaxed work environment. We're looking for an individual seeking a challenge and being a startup you'll be afforded responsibility for what you're working on and with that you'll gain an exposure to the workings of a business on an upward trajectory in return.
If this sounds interesting to you get in touch and we'll grab a coffee to hash out the details.
Closing Date: 10/09/2014
Category: Full-Time Part-Time
Applicant must be a Permanent Resident: Yes
Attach copy of Academic Transcript: Yes
(Note: Forging an Academic Transcript is a case of Academic Misconduct and may lead to expulsion.)
Location: Sydney CBD
Date first posted: 08/11/2014 16:17:08