Transfer requests must be considered by the Faculty of Engineering Higher Degree Committee for approval.
To ensure that your transfer request is considered in time for re-enrolment, please submit the required documents to the CSE Research Team before 28 February (for Semester 1) or 31 July (for Semester 2).
Students enrolled in a Masters by Research program whom wish to apply to transfer to the PhD
Students must provide the following documents:
- a recent Annual Progress Review, which included a seminar presentation, with an outcome of "Satisfactory" and with a clear recommendation from the panel that the student be transferred to the PhD. Student should also provide a clear plan outlining how their research project can be extended from a Masters project to a PhD project.
- evidence that a substantial draft literature review has been completed (if the student has been enrolled for more than 1yr FTE, they should provide evidence of an advanced draft Masters thesis)
- evidence that the coursework requirement has been completed at an appropriate level of performance (including completion of GSOE9400).
- email/letter from the student, requesting the transfer
- email/letter from the supervisor, supporting the transfer
- email/letter from the School (Postgraduate Research Coordinator or Head of School), recommending the transfer
Students enrolled in the PhD program whom wish to apply to transfer to a Masters by Research program
If the student has been enrolled for more than 1.5yrs FTE, they should provide a Thesis Completion Plan