COMPB13704 - BE Computer Engineering BA
This advice is for students commencing in 2012. Students who commenced earlier should consult the UNSW handbook for the year they commenced.
We encourage all students to follow the currently version of the program where possible and those who are unsure should contact the CSE Student Office (undergrad AT cse . unsw . edu . au).
The Computer Engineering/BA plan is the same as the standard Computer Engineering program, except that:
- Students also complete a Bachelor of Arts comprised of 96UOC; including a stream approved by the Faculty of Arts and Arts Electives.
- Students are exempted from General Education requirements (12 UOC).
- Students are exempted from 6UOC of Breadth Electives and 6UOC of Depth Electives.
- To complete the program in the shortest duration (240UOC) students will need to count the 24UOC of overlapping mathematics completed in the BE towards the BA
- Course scheduling is different, because of the need to interleave Arts courses with Computer Engineering courses.
- A Credit average must be maintained (or reversion to the standard Computer Engineering plan will be required).