SENGA13651 - BE Software Engineering BSc
This advice is for students commencing in 2012. Students who commenced earlier should consult the UNSW handbook for the year they commenced and/or contact the CSE Student Office to discuss their enrolment.
Students who are unsure about how the program revision will affect them should contact the CSE Student Office (undergrad at cse . unsw . edu . au) OR the Software Engineering Program Director - A/Prof Ken Robinson (kenr at cse . unsw . edu . au).
The Software Engineering/Science plan is the same as the standard Software Engineering program, except that:
- Students also complete a Bachelor of Science comprised of 96UOC; including a stream approved by the Faculty of Science and Science Electives.
- To complete the program in the shortest duration (240UOC) students will need to count the 24UOC of overlapping mathematics courses completed in the BE towards the BSc.
- Students are exempted from General Education requirements (12 UOC).
- Students are exempted from Free Elective requirements (12UOC).
- Course scheduling is different, because of the need to interleave Science courses with Software Engineering courses.
- A Credit average must be maintained (or reversion to the standard Software Engineering plan will be required).