Reimbursements to Staff/Students/Visitors
No reimbursement will be made without appropriate paperwork attached stipulating the account code to be debited for reimbursement.
Only original invoices/receipts are acceptable documents to support a payment (i.e. no statements, faxes, photocopies or emails).
Supporting documentation should state the following details:
- Please state if student, employee or a visitor;
- Name and postal address of the person to be reimbursed;
- Gross amount invoiced;
- Foreign currency or the $AUD equivalent;
- Payment options must be nominated (see below);
- Description of goods or services, and the cost excluding GST and accounting distributions (i.e. account code to be charged);
- Reason(s) why the item was purchased;
- Expenditure must be approved by the Head of Group for group funds or the person who "owns" the account.
Once form is completed and required documentation attached, please forward to FIPRAS for processing.
Payment Terms: 30 days unless otherwise specified
The payment options available are:
- collection from cashier (petty cash only);
- EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer-Direct deposit into a local bank account);
- WIRE (direct deposit into an overseas bank account);
- DRAFT (overseas cheque).
For reimbursement of less than $100: "Petty Cash Reimbursement Claim" form
For reimbursement of more than $100: "Request for Reimbursement" form
Receipts older than 12 months:
Please be advised that anyone wishing to be reimbursed for receipts that are dated older than one year from the current date will not receive payment. The auditors have expressed concerns for receipts older than 12 months. If you require reimbursement the receipts MUST be brought to the FIPRAS Manager within 12 months of the receipt’s date.