The seminar aims to:
- give you a chance to practice your presentation skills
- let you show that you have met the goals of Thesis A
- convince others that you're studying an important/interesting problem
- demonstrate that you've done some research/thinking about it already
- have a plan for the rest of the year to solve the problem
If you already have some results to show, that's a bonus.
Target your seminar at fellow thesis students except target the hard-core technical stuff at your supervisor and assessor.