Industrial Thesis Topics
Students may use their own initiative and propose a thesis topic that involves collaboration with an industry partner. An industrial thesis topic requires support from a CSE academic and approval from the CSE Thesis Coordinator.
To establish a new industrial thesis topic, you need to carry out the following steps:
- Have an industry supervisor who can oversee the work on a day-to-day basis. The industry supervisor and student need to agree on a project description.
- Find a CSE academic who is willing to support the project and act as the main assessor. By supporting the project, the academic is affirming its academic merit.
- Send the project description, the name of the company and the name of CSE academic to the CSE Thesis Coordinator for approval.
- Ask the the CSE academic to add the industry project to the CSE Thesis Topics Database. The CSE academic should ensure the topic:
- is jointly supervised (the industry supervisor is the first supervisor, the CSE academic is the second).
- is not shown on the web.
- Nominate the topic using the pre-approved Thesis Nomination mechanism.