COMP9414/9814 Artificial Intelligence
Review Questions on Natural Language Processing
Topics: Semantic Interpretation
This is a voluntary quiz to help you decide whether you have
understood some of the major concepts from this topic. It carries
- What is the idea of a lambda expression? Why does this make it good
for representing VPs?
- How would you represent the VP "submit the assignment" using a
- Apply your lambda-expression from the previous question to the
NP whose logical form is pro(y1, you), and perform lambda-reduction.
- Write lexicon entries for the word "will" as an auxiliary, as a verb
(as in For some reason, he decided to will to his poodle Fido his
collection of vintage socks) and as a noun.
- What is the purpose of a var feature?
- What would be a plausible logical form for the PP "from Coogee"?
- If the logical form for "bought a farm" is
lambda(X, past(buy1)(e4, X, a(f1, farm1)))
what would be a plausible logical form form for "have bought a farm"?
What about "must have bought a farm"?
- When do you need to use
=.. to construct a
term in a rule?
Solutions: don't read until you've
tried the questions yourself!
Bill Wilson's contact info
© Bill Wilson, 2009
UNSW's CRICOS Provider No. is 00098G