COMP9414/9814 Artificial Intelligence
Review Questions on Prolog Programming, Rules, Semantic Nets, Frames
This is a voluntary quiz to help you decide whether you have
understood some of the major concepts from this topic. It carries
- What is the difference between
[ | [2, 3]]
[1 | [2, 3]] ?
- What would be the output from the query
?- likes(jane, Y) = likes(X, pizza).
- Write and test a Prolog procedure to compute the sum of whole numbers
from 1 to N.
- What is the difference between the Specificity Ordering and
Rule Ordering conflict resolution strategies?
- Explain what is meant by the term partitioned production system.
- In a semantic net, explain the difference between an isa
link and an ako link. What does ako stand for?
- Below are some Prolog facts. Draw them as a semantic network.
How do you think semantic nets might be implemented in Prolog
(don't cheat and look at the sample code linked to the lecture
notes!) OK ... you can look at the sample code after you've written
down an answer.
- What do frames have that semantic nets don't have?
- List all seven types of demon in the frame system described in
lectures. When are their associated bits of code executed?
Solutions: don't read until you've
tried the questions yourself!
Bill Wilson's contact info
UNSW's CRICOS Provider No. is 00098G