I am Professor at the
of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE), the University of New South Wales (UNSW)
in Sydney, Australia. I am the school research coordinator. I am leader of the Service Oriented
Computing (SOC) research group at CSE, UNSW.
Steering Committee and Editorial Boards
- Member of the steering committee, Int. conf on Business
- Member of the steering committee, IEEE Technical Committee on Scalable Computing, Workflow Management in Scalable Computing Environments Techical Area
- Member of the editorial board of Service Computing and Applications Journal (SOCA, Springer)
- Member of the editorial board of Peer-to-Peer
Networking and Applications Journal (Springer)
- Member of the editorial board of the Int. Journal of
Business Process Integration and Management (IJBPIM)
- Member of the editorial board of the Int.
Journal of Information Technology and Web Engineering
- Guest Editor (with Dr. Brahim Medjahed, Michigan Uni, A/Prof., Athman Bouguettaya, Virginia
Tech., USA) of the Special Issue on Semantic Web Services, ACM Transactions
on Internet mTechnology, 2007
- Guest Editor (with Prof. Wil van der Aalst, Eindhoven University of Technology, Dr. Fabio Casati, HP labs, Dr. Francisco Curbera, IBM TJ Watson, and Dr.
Verbeek M.W., Eindhoven University of Technology) of the Special Issue
on Business Process Management - (based on BPM'05), Data and Knowledge Engineering, 2006
- Guest Editor (with A/Prof., Athman Bouguettaya, Virginia
Tech., USA) of the Special Issue on Web Service Foundations, Parallel
and Distributed Databases, an International Journal, Springer, 2005
- Guest Editor (with Fabio Casati, HP Labs, USA) for the Special
Issue on E-Services, Parallel and Distributed Databases, an
International Journal, Kluwer Academic Publishers , 2002.
- Guest Editor (with Zakaria Maamar, Zayed
University, Dubai, United Arab Emirates) for the
Special Issue M-services - Web Services for the Wireless World,
IEEE Transactions - SMC (Part A), 2002.
Conference Program Chair / Area Coordinator
- Technical Program Co-Chair, The 8th International
Conference on Web Information Systems Engineering (WISE'2007), Nancy, France,
- Technical Program Vice-Chair, The International
Conference on E-Business Engineering (ICEBE'2006), Shanghai, China,
- Technical Program Co-Chair, The 3th International
Conference on Business Process Management (BPM'2005), Nancy, France,
- Technical Program Co-Chair, The 3rd International
Conference on Service-Oriented Computing, Amsterdam, the Netherlands
- Technical Co-chair, the IEEE International Workshop on
Electronic Contracting (WEC'04), held in conjunction with IEEE
Electronic Commerce (IEEE-CEC'04), July 2004, San Diego, USA.
- PC Co-chair - The 14th International Workshop on
Research Issues on Data Engineering:Digital Government Services
- PC Chair - the 4th VLDB Workshop on E-Services
Conference organisation roles
Tutorial, Keynote Speaker, PhD school lecturer
- Tutorial Speaker, Int. Conference on Service Oriented
Computing (ISOC'03), Trento, Italy, Dec. 2003.
- Tutorial Speaker, Int. Conf. on Web Information Systems
Engineering (WISE'02), Singapore, Dec. 2002.
- Inaugural Speaker for Service Oriented Computing Special
Interest Group, The Australian Computer Society (Victorian Branch),
Melbourne, Nov. 2004.
- Keynote Speaker, SAP Future Scope annual conference,
Walldorf, Germany, Mar. 2005.
- Keynote Speaker, the 5th VLDB Workshop on Technologies
for E-Services (TES-04), Toronto, Canada, Aug. 2004.
- Keynote Speaker, the the Second International Web
Services Quality Workshop (WQW 2004), In conjunction with the Fifth
Conference on Web Information Systems Engineering (WISE 2004), Nov.
2004, Brisbane, Australia.
- Keynote Speaker, the Australian Workshop on Engineering
Service-Oriented Systems (AWESOS'04) (in conjunction with the
Engineering Conference (ASWEC 2004), Melbourne, Australia, April 2004.
- Keynote Speaker: the Int. Workshop on Semantic Web
Services and Web Process Composition (SWSWPC 2004), In conjunction with the 2004 IEEE
International Conference on Web Services (ICWS'2004), July 2004, San
Diego, California, USA.
- Keynote Speaker: the Workshop on Business Process
Intelligence (BPI), to be held in conjunction with the Int. Conference
on Business Process
Management, September 2005, Nancy, France.
- Keynote Speaker: Middleware for Service Oriented Computing Workshop
(MW4SOC), held in conjunction with the Int. Middleware Conference, 2006, Melbourne, Australia.
- Invited Speaker:Service Oriented Architecture Conference, 2007, Feb 27th-28th, Sydney, Australia.
- Int. PhD school Lecturer: Lipari School - 19th International School for Computer Science Researchers. Advances in Software Engineering. Lipari, Italy, Juy 2007
Conference Program Committee Membership (Recent conferences)
- CAiSE- The International Conference on Advanced Information
Systems Engineering. 2008.
- MDM- The International Conference on Mobile Data Management. 2008.
- ICDE - The Int. Conf. on Data Engineering. 2007.
- ER - Int. Conf. on Conceptual Modeling. 2007.
- ICAC - International Conference on Autonomic Computing. 2006
- WWW - the 15th International World Wide Web Conference,
- ICDE - The Int. Conf. on Data Engineering. 2006.
- VLDB - Int. Conf. on Very Large Databases. 2006.
- ICEBE - IEEE Int. Conf. on e-Business Engineering. 2005-.
- M-Business - IEEE Int. Conf. on Mobile Business. 2005.
- APCCM - Asia-Pacific Conf. on Conceptual Modelling. 2004,
2005, 2006, 2007.
- IEEE-CEC - IEEE Conf. on E-Commerce Technology. 2005.
- NGWSP - Int. Work Conf. on Next Generation Web Services
- NODE - Int. Conf. Net.ObjectDays 2004, 2005.
- SCC - IEEE Int. Conf. on Services Computing. 2004-.
- MOBIS - The IFIP TC8 Working Conf. on Mobile Information
Systems. 2004, 2005.
- BPM - Int. Conf. on Business Process Management. 2004-.
- WISE - The Int. Conf. on Web Information Systems
- EEE - IEEE Int. Conf. on e-Technology, e-Commerce and
- CoopIS - The Conf. on Cooperative Information Systems.
2004, 2005, 2006, 2007.
- FQAS - Int. Conf. on Flexible Query Answering Systems.
- EDBT - Int. Conf. on Extending Database Technology. 2004.
- ICSOC - The Int. Conf. on Service Oriented Computing.
2003, 2004, 2006, 2007.
- ICWS - The Int. Conf. on Web Services. 2003, 2005,2006,2007.