[Instructions] [C language]
Sample Final Exam
Data Structures and Algorithms
[Q1] [Q2] [Q3] [Q4] [Q5] [Q6] [Q7] [Q8]
[Available Now: Sample solutions for selected questions]
Sample Final Exam
Time: 3 hours
Read all of the instructions below while you are waiting.
You will need to scroll the page to see all of the instructions.
About this Exam web-site:
- the Instructions and the Questions use one browser tab
- the C language material has
its own browser tab, which will be created the first time
that you click on the link
- note: all of the files for the practical questions and the
template files for the other questions were copied into
your working directory when you logged in to the exam
- your working directory should contain template files
(q4.txt to q8.txt) and three subdirectories (q1, q2, q3)
containing files for the prac questions
- if you're looking at this exam, you are are not in the
standard Exam environment, so some things are different
to the instructions in these pages
- you can download files for this sample exam below:
- Switch off your laptop/phone.
- Place all laptops/phones/etc. off the desk (preferably in a bag).
- Place your student card on the desk.
- Fill in your name/id on the cover of the exam booklet
- Wait for the supervisor to tell you to start reading the questions.
- Stop typing when the supervisor tells you.
- Log out from your workstation.
- Take all of your belongings.
- Hand your exam booklet to the supervisor as you leave.
- Answer all questions.
- Questions may not be worth equal marks.
- Questions may be answered in any order.
- Answers must be submitted using the submit command
- Each question contains instructions on using submit
- all answers must be submitted online via the submit command
- Calculators/textbooks/notes/phones/laptops are not permitted.
- Calculator apps (e.g. bc, xcalc) are available on your workstation.
- During the Exam, you must not
- communicate with other students in any way
- access any of your own files
- access any web pages except those attached to this web site
Note that marks are awarded primarily for your solution algorithm,
not just for getting the correct final answer.
For programming questions, you can only receive marks for a
correctly-working program that compiles with no warnings.
End of instructions.