About this Exam web-site:
- the Instructions and the Questions use one browser tab
- note: all of the files for the practcal questions were copied into
your working directory when you logged in to the exam
- your working directory should contain template files
(q3.txt to q6.txt) and two subdirectories (q1 and q2)
containing files for the prac questions
- Switch off your laptop/phone.
- Place all laptops/phones/etc. off the desk (preferably in a bag).
- Place your student card on the desk.
- Fill in your name/id on the cover of the exam booklet
- Wait for the supervisor to tell you to start reading the questions.
- Stop typing when the supervisor tells you.
- Log out from your workstation.
- Take all of your belongings.
- Hand your exam booklet to the supervisor as you leave.
- Answer all questions.
- Questions may not be worth equal marks.
- Questions may be answered in any order.
- Answers must be submitted using the submit command
- Each question contains instructions on using submit
- all answers must be submitted online via the submit command
- Calculators/textbooks/notes/phones/laptops are not permitted.
- Calculator apps (e.g. bc, xcalc) are available on your workstation.
- During the Exam, you must not
- communicate with other students in any way
- access any of your own files
- access any web pages except those attached to this web site
Note that marks are awarded primarily for your solution algorithm,
not just for getting the correct final answer.
For programming questions, you can only receive marks for a
correctly-working program that compiles with no warnings.
If a question requires you to write a math formula, use the following
conventions (which are easy to type in a qX.txt file):
|Math||Written as ...|
|xn||x^n or pow(x,n)|
|xi||x_n or x[i]|
|logkn||log_k(n) or log(k,n)|