Resources provided by the Computing Support Group
General resources provided by the CSG to support computing within CSE include:
- a trusted subnet for debian-linux and Windows 2000 desktop
computers installed and maintained by CSG, connected by ethernet to the CSE
network. Most of the student laboratories are on this subnet.
- an untrusted subnet for computers installed and maintained by
users, connected by ethernet to the CSE network. Laptops are the most
common type of computer connected to this subnet, but it also includes
desktops, robots, printers and other devices.
- a wireless subnet for use within the K17 building
- a modem pool for dial-up access to the CSE network, provided to
staff, postgraduate and undergraduate research student.
- at least 2 laser printers per floor in the K17 building or lab area
- 2 colour laser printers, on levels 1 and 4 of the K17 building, for staff
and postgraduateresearch student use.
- several general access compute servers, plus a number of restricted access
servers for specific research groups.
Further information on CSE's laboratories and servers can be found on the
Computing Facilities webpage.
Obtaining your CSE account
New staff and academic visitors will require their CSE contact to request an
account for them via the
New Staff/Visitor/PhD Notification Form.
Students will receive their account automatically after enrolment and should
not submit requests for account creation. This generally includes postgraduate
research students, however, if the student begins their research long before or
after enrolment their supervisor can use the
New Staff/Visitor/PhD Notification Form
to request an account be created for them.
NOTE: CSG has a policy on
acceptable usernames which you are requested to read and abide by before
submitting the above form.
Information and Help
Many of CSG's online information and help resources are listed on the
Resources for Computing webpage.
CSG Gazette also contains
a lot of useful information about CSG's policies, resources and activities.
Email is the preferred method for contacting members of CSG or requesting
assistance, as we tend to be highly mobile.
When in doubt, email SS.
details for CSG members, not including Help Desk
- For assistance with account or computing problems, email SS at ss or call
- For assistance with buying a computer, or broken hardware, email Hardware
at hardware or call SS on x51499.
- Undergraduate students should email Help Desk at helpdesk or call them on
x55438, or visit their counter in G019 of the Mechanical Engineering building.