Recently, there has been a lot of interest in the application of graphs in different domains. They have been widely used for data modeling of different application domains such as chemical compounds, multimedia databases, protein networks, social networks and semantic web. With the continued emergence and increase of massive and complex structural graph data, a graph database that efficiently supports elementary data management mechanisms is crucially required to effectively understand and utilize any collection of graphs.
The overall goal of the workshop is to bring people from different fields together, exchange research ideas and results, and encourage discussion about how to provide efficient graph data management techniques in different application domains and to understand the research challenges of such area.
- 18 April 2011: The slides of all talks are now available here
- 10 January 2011: We are pleased to announce that Dr. Sameh Elnikety will be the Keynote speaker of the GDM'11 Workshop. The keynote title is "Online query execution on large distributed graphs" .
- 10 October 2010: We are pleased to announce that the workshop will feature invited talks from different industrial/research graph database projects (AllegroGraph, DEX, InfiniteGraph, Neo4j, OrientDB, sones/GraphDB)
- 2 September 2010: Call for papers has been distributed
- 1 September 2010: Launching the workshop website