Current Research Interests
( Students who are interested in doing PhD in
the above areas are welcome to talk to me.
- Stream Database Systems
- Spatial Information Systems
- Massive Data Analysis and Data Mining
- Probabilistic Queries
- Graph Database
- Web Information Systems
- Data Visualization
- 2015 - 2017 Australian Research Council Discovery Grant (DP150102728): Efficiently Processing Pattern-based Structure Queries over Large Graphs , $397,500 (Xuemin Lin & Wenjie Zhang)
- 2014 - 2016 Australian Research Council Discovery Grant (DP140103578):
Probablistic Search Over Large-Scale Uncertain Graphs , $413, 000 (Xuemin Lin).
- 2012-2014 Australian Research Council Discovery Grant (DP120104168): Ranking Complex Objects in a Multi-dimensional Space , $350, 000 (Xuemin Lin and Wenjie Zhang).
- 2011-2013 Australian Research Council Discovery Grant (DP110102937): Efficient Structure Search over Large Graphs , $210,000 (Xuemin Lin).
- 2009 UNSW Major Research Equipment & Infrastructure Scheme Grant, Equiping the Database Research Group with State of the Art Computing Facilities , $123,000, (Xuemin Lin and Wei Wang)
- 2009-2011,Australian Research Council Discovery Grant (DP0987557): Analyzing Uncertain Data: Probabilistic Approaches, $342,000,(Xuemin Lin and Xiaofang Zhou).
- Google Research Award, Taming Uncertainity of Distributed Data , US$50,000 (Xuemin Lin and Sanjay Jha).
- 2008-2010, Australian Research Council Discovery Grant (DP0881035):
Effectively Computing and Maintaining Graph based Statistics in Large
Scale Applications , $250,000 (Xuemin Lin)
- 2007, UNSW Goldstar Awards: GraphSUM: Summarizing Graph-based Statistics
in Large Scale Applications, $40,000 (Xuemin Lin).
- 2006-2008, Australian Research Council Discovery Grant (DP0666428):
Computing Order Statistics over Data Streams, $315,000 (Xuemin Lin, Xiaofang Zhou and
Jeffrey X Yu
- 2006, Faculty Research Grant Program (FRGP, PS08709), Summarizing Massive Graphs over Data
Streams , $15,000 (Xuemin Lin).
ARC Research Network in Enterprise Information Infrastructure ,
$3.2 million, funded by the Australian Research Council. (Program Leader of Data and Knowledge, Steering Committee Member)
- 2003-2005, Australian Research Council Discovery Grant (DP0346004):
ARC): Efficient Processing of Complex Spatial Queries, $175,000 (Xuemin Lin and
- 2003-2005, Australian Research Council Discovery Grant (DP0345710):
Multi-resolution Spatial Query Processing, $178,240 ( Xiaofang Zhou , Xuemin Lin, and
Yanchun Zhang ).
- 2002 UNSW RIBG: Very Large Database Server, $100,000 (Xuemin Lin, Boualem Benatallah,
John Shepherd, and Raymond Wong).
- 2002 CMCRC Seed Grant: A Performance Study of Advanced Synopses
Techniques for On-line Approximation Analysis of Financial Data, $10,000.
- 2001-2003 UNSW Gold-Star: Similarity Search in Spatial Database on
Implicit Feature Spaces, $60,000. (Xuemin Lin)
- 2000-2002 ARC - APAI (C00002285): Incremental Data Mining Techniques for Dynamic
Databases , $63,000 (John Shepherd and Xuemin Lin).
- 1999 Small ARC: Efficient Mining of Proximity, Similarity, and
Visibility Replationships in Very Large Spatial Databases, $20,000. (Xuemin Lin)
- 1998 CSE Start-up Grant: Replicated Data Management, $10,000. (Xuemin Lin)
- 1997 Small ARC: Distributed Data Mining , $20,000 (Xuemin Lin and Chi-Ping Tsang from
- 1995 UWA IRG: Transaction Management in Distributed Database Systems, $18,000.