Recent News and Events
- 27 Feb'18: I'm invited to deliver a keynote speech on energy-harvesting-based sensing for motion-powered IoTs at PERCOM 2018 Workshops [ Details ] [ Slides ]
- 15 Dec'17: I delivered a short course at Osmania University, Hydarabad, on Wireless Sensor Networks sponsored by Indian Government's Global Initiative of Academic Networks (GIAN)
- 07 Dec'17: Our collaborative presentation (UNSW, Data61 and Nokia Bell Labs) on Drone Base Stations received the Most Attended Industry Program Award in IEEE GLOBECOM 2017.
- 12 Dec'17: Our paper "HiddenCode: Hidden Acoustic Signal Capture with Vibration Energy Harvesting" got accepted in PerCom 2018 as full paper (23 out of 160: 14% acceptance rate).
- 07 Jul'17: Our paper "A Survey of Wearable Devices and Challenges" got accepted in the highest impact factor (17.188) journal of IEEE (IEEE Communications Surveys and Tutorials)
- 04 Jul'17: Our PerCom17 paper "VEH-COM: Demodulating Vibration Energy Harvesting for Short Range Communication" won the first prize in IEEE Australia Council's postgraduate student paper contest.
- 15 Mar'17: Best PhD Forum Paper Award in PerCom'17 for the paper "Energy Efficient Acoustic Communications using Vibration Energy Harvesting"
- 10 Mar'17: Delivered a seminar at Missouri U. of Science & Tech. "KineticSense: Wearable Context Sensing from Kinetic Energy Harvesting"
[ Abstract ][ Slides ]
- 05 Mar'17: Our paper "SEMON: Sensorless Event Monitoring in Self-powered Wireless Nanosensor Networks" accepted in ACM Trans. on Sensor Networks
- 26 Feb'17: I've started my sabbatical at Washington University in St. Louis
- 12 Jan'17: IEEEXplore Innovation Spotlight features our work on transportation mode sensing using energy harvesting [ Feature Article ]
- 19 Dec'16: I delivered a short course at NIT Goa on Nanoscale Wireless Sensor Networks sponsored by Indian Government's Global Initiative of Academic Networks (GIAN)
- 02 Dec'16: Delivered a lunch talk at UC Berkeley: "Novel Usage of Kinetic Energy Harvesting in Mobile Devices" [ Abstract ]
- 13 Nov'16: A full paper accepted at PerCom'17 (full paper acceptance rate: 28/192=14%)
- 10 Nov'16: Our Paper "KEH-Gait: Towards a Mobile Healthcare User Authentication System by Kinetic Energy Harvesting" accepted at NDSS'17 (16% acceptance rate)[ pdf ]
[ slides ]
- 24 Oct'16: My PhD student received the 2017 Australasian Distinguished Doctoral Dissertation award for Thesis "Energy-Efficient Human Activity Recognition for Self-powered Wearable Devices"
- 28 Apr'16: My PhD students won the 2016 NASSCOM Student Innovation Award
- 18 Mar'16: My team won the Best Poster Award in PerCom 2016
- 30 Nov'15: Our paper "Pervasive Self-powered Human Activity Recognition without the Accelerometer (PerCom 2015)" won the 2015 Canon Information Systems Research Australia (CISRA) Best Research Paper Prize
- 08 Dec'14: I won the 2014 UNSW Faculty of Engineering Teaching Excellence Award
- 25 Nov'14: My team got one full paper (8% acceptance rate) and one concise paper (15% acceptance rate) accepted at Percom 2015
- 16 Oct'14: My team won the 2014 UNSW Innovator of the Year - People's Choice Award [ YouTube ]
- 30 Apr'14: My PhD student won the 2014 NASSCOM Student Innovation Award