Awards & Scholarships
Awarded the followings:
- Recognition Award, Data to Decision CRC, 2016
- National Security Impact Award, Integrated Law Enforcement Project, CRC 2016
- Postdoctoral Writing Grant, UNSW Australia, 2013
- Australian Postgraduate Award (APA), Australian Government, 2009-2012
- Engineering Excellence Top-Up Scholarship (EETS), UNSW Australia, 2009-2012
- Supplementary Engineering Award (SEA), UNSW Australia, 2009-2012
- Postgraduate Research Support Scheme (PRSS), UNSW Australia, 2011
- Graduated with Honor Degree (First place among M.Sc. students).
- Graduated with Honor Degree (First place among B.Sc. students).
- Have passed the PhD examination where all examiners gave the highest score.
- Selected as an outstanding instructor in the Ministry of Science, Research & Technology, Zand Institute of Higher Education, 2008.
- Got the highest instructor evaluation (19.34/20), Shiraz Azad University, 2008.
- Accepted in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Sharif University of Technology Iran-wide doctoral exam (First Honour Quota), 2008. Remarks: I cancelled my PhD in Sharif University of Technology, because I had decided to continue my studies in Australia.
Research Students (Academic Siblings):
- Maisie Badami
- Senthil YUVARAJ
- MohammadAli YAGHOUBZADEH
- Alireza TABEBORDBAR
- Shayan ZAMANIRAD
- Kushal VAGHANI
- Beheshti, “Organizing, Querying, and Analyzing Ad-hoc Processes' Data”, PhD thesis, University of New South Wales, Australia, 2012.
- Beheshti, “Development of grid resource discovery service based on semantic information”, Master Thesis, Sharif University of Technology, Iran, 2007.
- Beheshti et al. , "Process Analytics: Concepts and techniques for querying and analysing big process data", ISBN 978-3-319-25037-3, Springer, 2016.
- Beheshti et al. , “Business Process Data Analysis”, Springer, 2016.
- Beheshti et al. , “Model-Based Business Process Query Techniques and Languages”, Springer, 2016.
- Beheshti et al. , “Business Process Paradigms ”, Springer, 2016.
- Beheshti et al. , “Process Matching Techniques”, Springer, 2016.
- Rajabi et al., “Interlinking Big Data and Web of Data”. Big Data Optimization, Springer, 2015.
- Beheshti et al., “A Systematic Review and Comparative Analysis of Cross-Document Coreference Resolution Methods and Tools”, Computing Journal, 99(4), 313-349, 2017 (ERA Rank: A).
- Beheshti et al., "Scalable Graph-based OLAP Analytics over Process Execution Data", Distributed and Parallel Databases (DAPD) Journal, 34(3), 379-423, 2016 (ERA Rank: A).
- Hammoud et al., “DREAM: Distributed RDF Engine with Adaptive Query Planner and Minimal Communication”. PVLDB 8(6): 654-665, 2015, (ERA Rank: A*).
- Batarfi et al., “Large Scale Graph Processing Systems: Survey and An Experimental Evaluation”, Cluster Computing Journal, DOI: 10.1007/s10586-015-0472-6, 2015.
- Allahbakhsh et al., "Representation and Querying of Unfair Evaluations in Social Rating Systems", Computers & Security 41: 68-88, 2014.
- Beheshti et al., "CoreDB: a Data Lake Service", 26th ACM International Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM), Singapore, 2017.
- Salama et al., "Multi-Level Privacy-Preserving Access Control as a Service for Ambient Assisted Living", 24th IEEE International Conference on Web Services (ICWS), Hawaii, USA, 2017.
- Beheshti et al., "On Automating Basic Data Curation Tasks", 26th International World Wide Web Conference (WWW), Perth, Australia, 2017.
- Beheshti et al., "Galaxy: A Platform for Explorative Analysis of Open Data Sources", 19th International Conference on Extending Database Technology (EDBT), Bordeaux, France, 2016.
- Sun et al.,"Scalable SaaS-based Process Customization with Case Walls", 13th International Conference on Service-Oriented Computing (ICSOC), India, 2015. (ERA Rank: A).
- Maamar et al., "A Framework of Enriching Business Processes Life-Cycle with Tagging Information", Australasian Database Conference (ADC), Melbourne, Australia, 2015.
- Salih et al., "A Preliminary Approach to Domain-based Evaluation of Users’ Trustworthiness in Online Social Networks," IEEE-BigData'15, New York, USA, 2015.
- Salih et al., "Towards A Methodology for Social Business Intelligence in the era of Big Social Data incorporating Trust and Semantic Analysis," Springer DaEng'15, Indonesia, 2015.
- Barnawi et al., “On Characterizing the Performance of Distributed Graph Computation Platforms”. Proceedings of the 6th TPC Technology Conference on Performance Evaluation and Benchmarking (TPCTC 2014), China.
- Beheshti et al., "Enabling the Analysis of Cross-Cutting Aspects in Ad-hoc Processes", 25th International Conference on Advanced Information Systems Engineering (CAiSE’13), June 17-21 2013, Valencia, Spain, 2013. (ERA Rank: A)
- Allahbakhsh et al., "Collusion Detection in Online Rating Systems", The 15th International Asia-Pacific Web Conference (APWeb'13), Sydney, Australia, April, 2013.
- Beheshti et al., "A Framework and a Language for On-Line Analytical Processing on Graphs", 13th International Conference on Web Information System Engineering (WISE'12), pages 213-227, Paphos, Cyprus, November 28-30, 2012. (ERA Rank: A).
- Beheshti et al., "FPSPARQL: A Graph Query Engine as a Service", Second Australasian Symposium on Service Research and Innovation (SASSRI’12), Sydney, Australia, November, 2012.
- Allahbakhsh et al., "Reputation management in crowdsourcing systems". 8th IEEE International Conference on Collaborative Computing: Networking, Applications and Worksharing (CollaborateCom’12): 664-671, 2012.
- Beheshti et al., "A query language for analyzing business processes execution". 9th International Conference on Business Process Management (BPM'11), pages 281-297. Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg, 2011, Clermont-Ferrand, France. (ERA Rank: A).
- Beheshti et al., "Development of Grid resource discovery service based on semantic information", (ACM/SIGSIM) SpringSim (1) 2007: pages 141-148, Norfolk, USA.
- Beheshti et al., "Development of Grid Resource Discovery Service Based on Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)", ICSICC, 2007.
Open Source Projects:
- Beheshti et al., "Data Curation APIs". CoRR abs/1612.03277 (2016)
- Beheshti et al., "Big Data and Cross-Document Coreference Resolution: Current State and Future Opportunities". CoRR abs/1311.3987 (2013)
- Beheshti et al., "Temporal Provenance Model (TPM): Model and Query Language". CoRR abs/1211.5009 (2012).
- Beheshti et al., "Extending SPARQL to Support Entity Grouping and Path Queries". CoRR abs/1211.5817 (2012).
- More Technical Reports, visit: http://cgi.cse.unsw.edu.au/~reports/
Professional Academic Activities
Organizing Committee Member
- Program Co-Chair, Seventh Australasian Symposium on Service Research and Innovation (ASSRI'17)
- Publicity Chair, BPM (Business Process Management) 2015 Conference
Program Committee Member
- Business Process Management Conference (BPM); since 2015
- IEEE International EDOC Conference (EDOC); since 2015
- International Conference on Business Intelligence and Technology (BUSTECH); since 2012
- International ACM Conference on MEDES - Big Data Processing and Management Track, 2014
- International Conference on Advances in Cloud Computing (ACC), 2012
- Information Systems, Elsevier
- Computing, Springer
- ACM Transactions on the Web (TWEB)
- Pervasive and Mobile Computing, elsevier
- Computer Standards & Interfaces, elsevier
- Transactions on Services Computing, IEEE
- Transactions on Cloud Computing, IEEE
- Cluster Computing, Springer
- Journal of Data Semantics, Springer
- Concurrency and Computation - Practice and Experience - Wiley
- Transactions on Internet Technology (TOIT), ACM
- Conference Reviews: BPM, WWW, CAiSE, ICSOC, DASFAA, ER, ICWS, EDOC, ICWE, CloudCom, ADC, etc.
- Cloud computing: MapReduce, Google App Engine, Amazon EC2
- Languages: C#, Java, C/C++, VB.NET
- Server Scripting: SQL, ASP, ADO, PHP, JSP
- NLP tools and techniques, e.g., OpenNLP, Stanford NLP, and Lingpipe.
- Protocols: HTTP, SOAP, Web Services
- Service Description: WSDL, BPEL
- Security: XML Encryption, XML Signature
- XML technology: XML, DTD, XML DOM, XSLT, XPath, XQuery, Schema, SVG
- Semantic Web: RDF, OWL, SPARQL
- Mark-up languages: XML, XSL, HTML, CSS
- Design techniques: UML, OO design, Web services
- Programming tools: Google Web Toolkit, ANT, Make, CVS, SVN
- Programming IDE: Eclipse, Visual Studio
- Databases: DB2, PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL
- eMail: email@example.com
- Tel: +61 2 93854034
- Office: K17 217G, School of Computer Science and Engineering, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia