Anderson, Ronald E.; Johnson, Deborah G.; Gotterbarn, Donald; Perrolle, Judith
Using the New ACM Code of Ethics in Decision Making. Communnications of the ACM,
February 1993, 36, 2, 98–107.
- No Silver Bullet: Essence and Accidents of Software Engineering. IEEE Computer,
April 1987, 10–19.
Berners-Lee, T, Cailliau, R et al.
- The World Wide Web. Communications of the ACM,
August 1994, 37, 8, 76–82.
Clarke, Roger A.
- Introduction to Dataveillance and Information Privacy, and Definitions of
Dataveillance — 15 Years On
Information Technology and Dataveillance
Asimov’s Laws of Robotics]
Collins Robert W., Miller, Keith W, Spielman Bethany J., and Wherry, Philip.
How Good Is Good Enough? Communnications of the ACM, January 1994, 37, 1, 81–91.
- Are “Software Engineers” Engineers? Thinking like an engineer: studies in the
ethics of a profession, Chapter 3, 31–40, New York : Oxford University Press, 1998.
- Educating a New Engineer. Communications of the ACM, December 1992, 35, 12,
- A Debate on Teaching Computer Science. Communications of the ACM, December
1989, 32, 12, 1397–1414.
- Great Principles of Computing. Communications of the ACM, November 2003, 46,
- Raising the awareness of ethics in IT students: further development of the
teaching model. Communications of the ACM, 1994, 37, 69–73.
Epstein, Richard Gary
- Latest Developments in the “Killer Robot” Computer Ethics Scenario.
SIGCSE, ACM, 1995, 111–115.
Friedman, Batya & Kahn, Peter H. Jr.
- Educating Computer Scientists: Linking the Social
and the Technical. Communications of the ACM, January 1994, 64–70.
Introna, Lucas D.
- The (im)possibility of ethics in the information age. Information and
Organization, 12 (2002), 71–84, Pergamon.
Kallman, Ernest A. & Grillo, John P.
- Teaching Ethics in IS Courses: Everything You
Always Wanted To Know But Were Afraid To Ask. Unknown Ethics Workshop, 389.
Kitchenham B and Pfleeger SL.
- Software Quality: The Elusive Target IEEE Software,
January 1996, 12–21.
Leverson, Nancy and Turner, Clark S.
- An Investigation of the Therac-25 Accidents. IEEE
Computer, July 1993, 26, 7, 18–41.
- Medical Devices: The Therac-25. Appendix from Nancy Leverson. Safeware:
System Safety and Computers, Addison-Wesley, 1995,
- High Pressure Steam Engines and Computer Software.
- Computing and Accountability. Communnications of the ACM, January
1994, 37, 1, 73–80.
- When Professional Standards are Lax: The CONFIRM Failure and its Lessons.
Communications of the ACM, October 1994, 29–36.
Roth, R. Waldo
- A Comparison of Recent Textbooks for Teaching Computer Ethics to
Undergraduates. ACM CQL, 1996, 10–14.
Scott, Thomas, J.
- Panel Discussion: Teaching an Ethics Component to CS Majors. Unknown,
- Privacy Policies and Practices: Inside the Organisational Maze. Communications of
the ACM, December 1993,36, 12, 104–122.
Spafford, Eugene H.
- The Internet Worm: Crisis and Aftermath. Communnications of the ACM,
June 1989, 32, 6, 678–687.
Van Wyk, Christopher J.
- Literate Programming: An Assessment. Communications of the
ACM, March 1990, 361, 365.
United States of America vs Microsoft Corporation.
- Court’s Findings of Fact. November
United States of America vs Microsoft Corporation
- Conclusions of Law and Order. April
Vetter, RJ, Spell C and Ward, C.
- Mosaic and the World Wide Web. IEEE Computer,
October 1994, 49–57.
- Abstraction, Ethics and Software: Why Don’t the Rules Work? ACM, Ethics
in the Computer Age, 1994, 10–14.
Weiss, Eric A.
- The XXII Self-Assessment: The Ethics of Computing. Communnications of the
ACM, November 1990, 33, 11, 110–132.
Wolenski, C and Sylvester, J.
- Privacy in the Telecommunications Age. Communications of
the ACM, February 1992, 23–25.