Agenda for Teaching Committee Meeting - 3 November 2000
- Matters arising from the minutes of the last meeting:
- A School TSP web page was to be made available. [Tim Lambert]
- Review of plans for Potter Committee to present its report to
the School at a School Meeting. [John Potter]
- Requirements for class managers and associate lecturers for 2001.
It has been suggested that enough class managers should be recruited
to cover courses with an enrolment (in a particular session) over
a threshold (possibly 300).
Class Manager Job Spec
- ELEC have, in JAS's words "bitten the bullet on 4th year Thesis vs
Project and introduced a new Project subject for students with
low averages (specifically, less than 65%)." This is somewhat consistent
with the practice in the Advanced Science program and of course in
Computer Science of only letting students with 65+ averages do
honours. Do we want to review our policy on this?
- Quality assurance measures for teaching. Should we be having an
extra person (perhaps a program coordinator or director of first
year studies) acting in a specific quality assurance role for each
course we offer?
- Formal introduction of a new Special Project for
talented students in Computer Science.
- Proposal for Master of Engineering Science
in Mobile Systems.
- Teaching allocation revisited.
School of Computer Science & Engineering
The University of New South Wales
Sydney 2052, AUSTRALIA
Phone: +61 2 9385 6876
Fax: +61 2 9385 4071