Agenda for Teaching Committee Meeting 28 March 2003
- New Course Proposal:
COMP9031 Java and Internet Programming
- BE SoftEng MBiomedE Proposal [KenR]
- Addition of minors to BSc (Computer Science) [Tim Lambert]
- A casual tutor has suggested that tutorial problem sheets should
be distributed, by the tutors, in the tutorial, one week before
they are discussed/worked in the tutorial. He cites increased efficiency
of printer use, and actually getting the tutorials in front of all
students' noses so that they can pre-view the questions before the tute.
- Teaching Retreat Follow-Up: establishment of teaching clusters.
See also Retreat Notes.
The suggested cluster composition can be discussed, and
cluster coordinators designated.
- SE Cluster: re-accreditation of Software Engineering program
- Discussion on re-organisation of PG Coursework Programs [JAS]
This item has been postponed to a later meeting. Issues under this
banner include the difficulties of supporting both first-session
intake and second-session intake, difficulties arising from the
disparate entry-level knowledge of the students, and particular
difficulties with long prerequisite sequences in the
- Foreshadowed proposal for courses on problem-solving [Hossam ElGindy]
School of Computer Science & Engineering
The University of New South Wales
Sydney 2052, AUSTRALIA
Phone: +61 2 9385 6876