Agenda for Teaching Committee Meeting 12 March 1999
- Course revision to meet the new University requirements.
All U/G courses are to be revised - i.e.
- All combined courses - e.g.
- BE/MCom (CE),
- BE/MCom (SE),
Current guidelines for single structured (e.g. Eng.) degrees require that:
- there be 60cp per session (but cp will be changed to
"units of credit" with 24 uc = 60 cp.
This requires some work in both SE and CE. Minor in CE.
- there be at least 15% of material from outside the
Faculty of Engineering (or outside the School, but
we won't have any difficulty about meeting the first
version of the requirement - consider the Maths and
in some cases Physics, ElecEng and INFS requirements.
- That there be some "genuine choice" in the course.
This can be met by the professional electives in CE and SE.
- There is also the teaching allocation for 99s2 to consider.
School of Computer Science & Engineering
The University of New South Wales
Sydney 2052, AUSTRALIA
Phone: +61 2 9385 3986
Fax: +61 2 9385 5995