Agenda for Teaching Committee Meeting on 16 June 1999
- New subject proposal: COMP1091 Introduction
to Programming with C
Proposers: Tim Lambert, Arun Sharma, John Shepherd, at TC's request.
- New subject proposal: Multimedia Authoring and
For content, see also
Home page: COMP4012
Proposers: Jesse Jin and Paramesh
- John Shepherd has suggested two changes to subject names to make
the handbook description more accurate.
- It is proposed that COMP3111/9008 should be called "Formal
Specification of Software Systems"
- It is proposed that COMP9102 should have the same name as
COMP3131, i.e. "Parsing and Translation" rather than "Compiling
Techniques and Programming Languages".
- VC's award for teaching excellence: Arun writes:
Nominations are being invited for the 1999 Vice-Chancellor's
Award for Teaching Excellence and Vice-Chancellors's Award for
Teaching Excellence using Educational Technologies.
The deadline for applications is 30 July 1999.
I would like the Teaching Committee to discuss this matter.
I will have the eligibility rules in pigeonholes.
Does the TC/School want to nominate anybody?
Other current issues:
- Possible re-design of year 4 projects. This item is waiting on input
from Steve and from IEAust, who say they will contact us this week
about their accreditation requirements vis-a-vis projects.
- Combined BE(SE)/BSc course: as part of introducing such a course,
we should design an actual combined programme for, say, BE(SE)/BSc in
Mathematics. In introducing such a course, we would obviously need to
School of Computer Science & Engineering
The University of New South Wales
Sydney 2052, AUSTRALIA
Phone: +61 2 9385 3986
Fax: +61 2 9385 5995