birding-aus

Re: painted honeyeaters

Subject: Re: painted honeyeaters
From: Trevor Quested <>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 1995 18:02:50 +1000 (EST)
I haven't seen the bird since 1992. On 3-10-92 in 3 State Forests near
West Wyalong. On 25-12-92 on a property at Hillston nesting in white
cypress pine. These are the only ones I have recorded on my birdbase,
however I have seen more.
My first sightings were in the Bulga area of the Hunter valley in about 1970.
This area at Warkworth was mined so it isn't there any more. They used to
nest at Xmas in Angophera Bakeri (Narrow leafed apple) The best records
of this would be held by Athol Colemane, 042 1064063. This is all in the
past. What does the future hold for this beautiful bird?
Trevor Quested