birding-aus

RFI New Zealand - Guide and good 'casual' birding spots

Subject: RFI New Zealand - Guide and good 'casual' birding spots
From: "Nevil Amos"<>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 14:36:44 +1000
I will be holidaying in NZ in late Feb. for about 9 days, and would be
grateful of advice on which field guide to get.  I'm also particularly keen
to hear of any suggestions for areas to visit such as campsites in areas
with good birding/day walks in the immediate area, really remote areas are
probably out as we'll be travelling with our 1yo daughter, so probably
basically car camping.   Also how easy is it to see the various penguins at
that time of year?

Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions anyone can give.

Nevil Amos
Biodiversity Policy Research Officer
Flora and Fauna Directorate
Department of Natural Resources and Environment
14/8 Nicholson St
E Melbourne 3002

Tel: (03) 9637 8437
Fax: (03) 9637 8117