birding-aus

Newcomer

To: "birding-aus" <>
Subject: Newcomer
From: "Sunrise On Serra" <>
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 18:27:31 +1000
Hi all,

Well this is my first recording to Bird-Aus,  I have been thoroughly
enjoying reading all the interesting emails.

Yesterday afternoon spent a brief period at lower Mount Sturgeon, Grampians
National Park, and had my first sighting of a Hooded Robin . Other birds of
interest included -

Jacky Winter
Grey Shrike Thrush
Crimson Rosellas-in large numbers
White Winged Choughs
White-throated tree creeper.
Superb Fairy Wrens
Emus
New Holland Honeyeaters
Ravens
Common Bronzewing Pigeons
Pied Currawongs
Thornbills Sp.

Today's new bird was Brown-headed Honeyeater; three of which were drinking
out of my bird-bath.

Cheers,
Margaret Peterson
Sunrise on Serra Bed & Breakfast