birding-aus

Beach Stone-curlews at 1770

To: "Birding Aus" <>
Subject: Beach Stone-curlews at 1770
From: "Moorhead Family" <>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 17:15:03 +1000
Good afternoon all,

Just a quick note on the 1770 Beach
Stone-curlews and that "Lark"vehicle.
For many years I've seen a pair of Curlews
near the mouth of Round Hill Creek .

The nest is normally near drift wood only
metres from where the Lark drives on the beach.
I spoke Mr Mergard (owner)4 or 5 years ago about
steering clear of it to no avail. To my knowledge
no successful fledglings have occurred since his
"eco " tours commenced.
At least 2 did whilst I was surveying in the area
in the late 1980's.

Might be wrong I suppose.

Cheers,

Bill