birding-aus

Cane-toads self-limiting?

To: "Tim Murphy" <>, "michael hunter" <>, <>
Subject: Cane-toads self-limiting?
From: "Dam Lamb" <>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 09:07:13 +1000
Over 10 years up here on the Blackall Range and I'm certain the numbers have
significantly declined, certainly in my local area. I used to regularly walk
around our property on rainy summer nights armed with plastic bags and
always collected half a dozen or so.(This became a popular post-dinner ,
post-drinks, activity with visiting Southern guests as we spotted owls,
mammals, proper frogs etc as well as toad collecting).
       Rarely see any toads now, last found a couple hibernating under
roofing iron in corner of block. This thread has caused me to become more
alert this pending(??) raint season, I'll try harder to bag those that are
left.

       Russ Lamb, Maleny,SEQ